Rough–Toothed Dolphin Australian Dolphin Series 1oz Silver Bullion
Dolphins are found in oceans throughout the world, but more often located in deeper waters far out to sea are Rough-toothed Dolphins. Named for the irregular ridges on the teeth, these elegant creatures are celebrated on the Royal Australian Mint’s new Investment coins, the fifth in a series featuring different dolphin species.
- Guaranteed metal content and quality
- Limited mintage of 25 000
- Struck to the Royal Australian Mint’s brilliant uncirculated finish
- Striking reverse featuring the Rough-toothed Dolphin designed by S Stojanovic
- Obverse features the interim effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark
The dolphin is a beloved animal depicted in many cultures, and is also native to Australian waters. In various cultures, the dolphin symbolizes happiness, power and protection. Dusky dolphins are one of the smallest species of dolphins, and are typically found in shallow, cooler waters and have a dark gray back and tail. They spend the majority of their time close to shore in small groups of 10 to 20 dolphins, however they travel further away from shore to feed in pods of up to 1,000 dolphins. These highly intelligent animals enjoy leaping and are incredibly social.
Each bullion coin is presented in a protective acrylic capsule.