Containing Australia’s six circulating coin designs, an engravable plate and a choice of band wraps for different occasions, it will be an elegant and sentimental gift for anybody seeking that special something for a loved one.
This new six-coin set embraces the special power of coins to celebrate many of life’s milestones.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
Throughout history, and across many cultures, coins have been given as gifts to mark special occasions or to celebrate milestones. They have featured on such occasions as the red envelopes of coins given to Chinese children during lunar celebrations, the Hindu tradition of coin gifts during Dawali, and on wedding days. Throughout the centuries, they have become symbols of hope, wealth, prosperity and good fortune.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• A special gift set to mark personal milestones and celebrations in 2018
• Coin’s reverse features Australia’s six circulating coin designs in an exquisite proof finish
• Featuring an engravable plate, for the addition of a personalised message
• Different band wraps available to honour different celebrations
• Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender