Built for Australians, by Australians. This simple premise ignited the manufacturing sector with the affordable Model T. Manufactured in Geelong, the popularity of the Model T would drive demand for manufacturing operations to spread across the country.
In 2017 the Royal Australian Mint presents a fascinating series of collectible coins attractive to those wishing to celebrate the era of manufacturing ushered in by the Ford Motor Company of Australia.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
Ford began manufacturing in Australia in 1925 when Geelong was selected as the site for its first local factory. Creating thousands of jobs within Ford Australia and nurturing hundreds of local suppliers. The effect of locally manufactured automobiles on our lives was significant – the daily lives of Australians were transformed in terms of how we arrived to work or social events, and how we explored our expansive country. As illustrated by the extreme popularity of other recent automotive-themed coin products, cars capture the imaginations of many collectors. The Mint has worked in close collaboration with Ford Australia to bring you this limited edition collection, which includes the rare Ford Australia, The Manufacturing Era 1925 – 2016 uncirculated 50c coin.
The special anniversary coin, as well as the limited edition Ford Australian Classic Collection tin, is only available when purchasing the collection in its entirety.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Uncirculated coin in a presentation card with corresponding vehicle model information
• Presented in a retro-look limited edition tin with a Ford Australia timeline
• Special anniversary coin, only available in the set
• Limited to 30 000 each and only 10 000 for the special edition 50c uncirculated coin
• Obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender