or make 4 interest-free payments of $3.13 AUD fortnightly with More info
2021 50c Uncirculated Tetra-Decagon Coin - Year of the Ox
In 2021 we celebrate the second of the twelve-year cycle in the Chinese Lunar Calendar, with the Year of the Ox. People who are born under this sign are said to have characteristics of open minds, tolerance and strength. This tetra-decagon shaped coin will make an ideal addition to a collection or an auspicious traditional gift for Chinese New Year.
Sheng Xiao, the Chinese Zodiac, has a twelve-year cycle, with each year represented by one of twelve animals. Each animal has its own unique characteristics that are shared by people born under their sign. 2021 is the Year of the Ox, the second sign in the Zodiac. People born under the sign of the Ox are honest, industrious and active.
The Chinese calendar also rotates through the elements of earth, fire, water, metal and wood as part of a larger 60-year cycle. In 2021 we honour the Metal Ox, and people born under this sign are expressive and responsible.
• The ninth released in the series
• Packaged in a red presentation card
• Unique tetra-decagon shape, exclusive to this coin series
• Coin’s reverse features an artistic design of a powerful Ox
• Coin’s obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Jody Clark
• Australian legal tender