or make 4 interest-free payments of $31.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
2021 $5 1oz Silver Proof Domed Coin - Year of the Ox
Celebrating the Year of the Ox, the Royal Australian Mint has released this 2021 $5 Domed Fine Silver Proof Coin. Chinese New year is celebrated throughout the world, and coins are considered to be a traditional gift. Featuring the patient and level-headed Ox and the lunar calendar wheel, this coin is an auspicious gift or collectible.
The Ox is the second sign in the Chinese Zodiac. According to legend, the order of the animals in the Zodiac was determined by a Great Race, in which the Jade Emperor urged the animals to cross a swift river. The industrious Ox was likely to win, but clever Rat hitched a ride on the Ox’s head and jumped off to claim first place. The humility and patience exhibited by the Ox is said to be characteristic of people born under this sign.
The reverse of this 2021 $5 Domed Fine Silver Proof Coin features the Ox standing in an active and energetic pose, surrounded by willow branches that represent the humility of the original ‘Quiet Achiever’. The obverse bears the lunar calendar wheel, rotated so that the Ox is show at the top, along with the Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
• 1 oz of silver in a magnificent domed proof finish
• Reverse features the Ox and willow branches
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark and the lunar calendar wheel rotated so that this year the Ox takes pride of place
• Presented in a display case with outer box
• Certificate of Authenticity
• Australian legal tender