or make 4 interest-free payments of $22.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
2021 $1 1oz Silver Frosted Uncirculated Coin - AC/DC
Australian rock legends AC/DC sang that money talks. And now music fans can own an electrifying limited edition silver coin showcasing songwriter and lead guitarist Angus Young in full flight. Inspired by the cover artwork of some of their most popular and iconic albums this coin will be highly sought after by rock ‘n’ roll fans and gift buyers.
February 2020 marks 45 years since Australian rock sensation AC/DC released their debut album High Voltage, which was recorded in 10 days between gigs. It peaked at number seven on Australian music charts and went five times platinum.
The band’s second album T.N.T also clocks up its sapphire anniversary at the end of the year along with Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 2021.
Meanwhile, 2020 marks 40 years since the release of Back in Black and 25 years since the band made Ballbreaker. Next year it will be the ruby anniversary of the album For Those About to Rock (We Salute You).
In 2018, the Royal Australian Mint paid tribute to the 45th anniversary of the band bursting onto the Australian music scene with a special edition 50 cent coin and a $5 triangular coin shaped like a guitar pick.
• Limited mintage of 30,000
• Australian legal tender, denomination $1
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll, as designed by Jody Clark
• One ounce silver coin
• Numbered presentation case with printed certification
• The design is inspired by the original art from album covers
• The coin showcases band co-founder, songwriter and lead guitarist Angus Young
• The coin features the iconic parrot from the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap cover, the cannon from the For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) album, barbed wire from the High Voltage cover and a plank of wood from the T.N.T album.