or make 4 interest-free payments of $0.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
* This product is a pre-order item with an expected ship date is 20 November 2020 (however this may vary), your whole order will only ship once this is in stock. To avoid delays, please place pre-order item on a separate order.
2020 50c Colour Uncirculated Nine Coin Set - 60 Years of the Australian Touring Car Champions 1960/2020
Australia enjoys an enduring love affair with Supercars racing, and this year celebrates 60 years of the Australian Touring Car Championship. The first Australian Touring Car Championship was held in 1960 at Gnoo Blas NSW, where the single-race title was won by David McKay.
An Australian-made car first won the ATCC in 1970 – the second year of the title being decided over a series of races – when a Holden Monaro GTS 350 ended a decade of dominance by British and American cars. Australia enjoys an enduring love affair with Supercars racing, and this year celebrates 60 years of the Australian Touring Car Championship.
Jaguars dominated the early years, but V8 power took over in 1965, when Norm Beechey won at Sandown in the first Ford Mustang brought to Australia. V8-engined cars have subsequently accounted for all but 10 titles. Since the arrival of the Mustang in 1965, Australians have had a passion for V8 engines that remains the foundation of the sport.
This fascination with V8s reached its zenith in the Supercars era from the 1990s to now, a Holden-versus-Ford era that has the Red Lion ahead with 15 Supercars titles to the Blue Oval’s 12. However, over the total 60 years of the ATCC Ford leads with 26 titles to Holden’s 21. In the hundreds of races since its humble beginnings in 1960.
• Uncirculated coins in presentation cards featuring corresponding vehicle model information
• Limited “Supercars - 60 Years of the Australian Touring Car Championship” coin, only available with the purchase of a complete set
• Presented in a sophisticated, mechanically styled and limited-edition tin
• Complete collection strictly limited to 15,000
• The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jodie Clark
• Australian legal tender