2019 Four Coin Mintmark and Privy Mark Set - $1 AlBr Unc Coins (C,S,B,M) - Australia's Wild Colonial Bushrangers
Colonial Australia was a dangerous place, with roads and townships attracting lawless renegades known as bushrangers. In 2019 history buffs, descendants and coin enthusiasts will be able to follow the folklore of the Australian Bushranger with the Royal Australian Mint’s Roadshow. With an exclusive ‘Australia’ counter stamp, this coin will be a sought-after variant to our popular visitor press coin.
As Australia’s colonies developed, bushrangers roamed the roads and townships: the scourge of police and troopers who struggled to uphold the law in the expanding settlements. The bushrangers came from a range of backgrounds: some were anti-establishment heroes to the common people, some were forced into a life of crime; many were violent career criminals. Although bushrangers were feared, they also sparked a legacy of art and folklore, and helped to create the myth of the Australian ‘larrikin’.
In 2019 the Royal Australian Mint features the Bold, the Bad and the Ugly bushrangers on its suite of counterstamp coins, exclusive to its 2019 Roadshow . There are six different packaging cards for the ‘Australia’ counterstamp coin each featuring a different bushranger. These include Ben Hall, “Mad Dog’ Morgan, Captain Moonlite, the Kenniff Brothers, Captain Thunderbolt & the Captain’s Lady and Moondyne Joe.
• The second of a three-year theme of Colonial Australia.
• Coins’ reverse depicts a scene of the classic Australian bushranger and the brave colonial trooper, reflecting the drama and action of the time.
• Coins’ obverses feature Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley.
• Four-coin uncirculated set features 'C' Mintmark, 'S', 'B' and 'M' Privy Marks.
• Displayed in a blister with presentation card.
• Australian legal tender coin.