2019 Two Coin Set - 50th Anniversary of the Lunar Landing Product Partnership
The Royal Australian Mint and the United States Mint proudly present this magnificent two-coin proof set, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 Moon landing of July 1969, and the scientific collaboration between our two nations that brought television of the iconic event to an estimated global audience of 600 million viewers.
* Australian $5 silver coin and United States clad half-dollar coin
* Numbered certificate of authenticity signed by both the CEO of the Royal Australian Mint and Director of the United States Mint
* Australian obverse features the CSIRO Parkes radio telescope and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
* Australian reverse features an Apollo 11 astronaut and the lunar module Eagle, with Earth visible in the sky
* US obverse features inscription MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO and a footprint on the lunar surface
* US reserve features a representation of the famous photograph 'Buzz Aldrin on the Moon'
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Denomination||$5 and Half Dollar|