2019 $5 Ag 40mm Proof Coin - Mutiny and Rebellion - Eureka Stockade
The Royal Australian Mint has released these two coins (also available as uncirculated $1) to commemorate the dramatic Eureka uprising of miners at Ballarat, Victoria, in 1854. This clash between struggling miners and government led to the defeat of the miners, but also brought their plight to the attention of the people and led to more egalitarian representation of the people in Australia’s government. Part of the Mutiny and Rebellion series.
* One ounce of silver in a highest quality proof finish
* Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
* Reverse design reflects the violent uprising of the Eureka Stockade
* Obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
* Packaged in a case with outer box
* Australian legal tender
Part of the Mutiny and Rebellion series.
Also available in the 2019 $1 Uncirculated Coin - Mutiny and Rebellion - The Eureka Stockade
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint||Royal Australian Mint|