2019 $25 1/4th oz Au Proof Coin - Lunar Calendar - Year of the Pig
To celebrate 2019, the Lunar Year of the Pig, the Royal Australian Mint is releasing a $25 1/4oz Gold Proof Coin. The coins in this gorgeous suite celebrate the beautiful and joyous nature of this most auspicious and affluent Lunar animal.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• The coins reverses feature a happy pig with the Lu (Wealth) lucky coin.
• Coin’s obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Displayed in presentation cases with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• Australian legal tender coins
• 2019 $25 1/4oz Gold Proof Coin has a limited mintage of 1000.
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint||Royal Australian Mint|