2018 Fine Silver Proof Year Set - Armistice 100 Years On
The Royal Australian Mint is proud to release its 2018 Fine Silver Year Set as a commemoration of the Armistice Centenary. Including a moving one dollar coin depicting the remnants of war buried beneath a field of Flanders poppies, this stunning six coin set is a perpetual reminder of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• A specially designed one dollar coin commemorating the Armistice Centenary featuring stylised military motifs and poppies.
• Highly sought-after annual release
• Completed to the Royal Australian Mint’s proof standards
• Limited release of 1000 sets
• Each coin packaged in an individual capsule within an attractive presentation case
• Numbered certificate of authenticity
• Each coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More