2018 3oz Fine Silver Coin & Bar Set - 25th Anniversay of the Silver Kangaroo
Since 1993, the Royal Australian Mint has produced annual releases in the beloved Kangaroo Series, celebrating different aspects of their place in our nation’s conscience. To celebrate the 25th anniversary of this series, an unprecedented release will be crafted to mark the occasion. This outstanding 2018 $1 fine silver frosted uncirculated coin will be housed in a 2oz silver bar, featuring an exclusive 25th-anniversary design with a ‘25’ privy mark.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
The Royal Australian Mint proudly continues to create collectible coins featuring icons and events which symbolise our nation’s identity and our shared story.
Since 1993, the country’s most celebrated piece of unique fauna has taken pride of place on the popular Kangaroo series. Throughout the life of the series, themes such as European explorers’ first sightings, renowned Australian artists’ depictions and the life cycle of the kangaroo have all been featured. In 2018, the Mint looks back with pride at a quarter-century of artistic and engineering excellence.
On its 25th anniversary, the Kangaroo series will be joining the ranks of those coins to receive MDM silver bar status. MDM Münzhandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG is known throughout the world as the largest coin-trading company. Based in Germany, but part of a global numismatic community, MDM collaborates with Mints around the world to produce silver bars to house milestone releases for iconic silver coins.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Three ounces of fine silver
• Finished to the Royal Australian Mint’s uncirculated standard
• Silver bar supplied by MDM.
• Coin’s reverse pictures two kangaroos seeking shade from the summer heat
• ‘25’ privy mark
• Bar design pictures a mob of kangaroos in an outback landscape and a detailed portrait of an eastern grey kangaroo
• Strictly limited edition of 5000 coin and bar sets
• Packaged in a presentation case with outer box
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More