2015 50c Gold- Plated Unc Coin - 50th Anniversary of the Royal Australian Mint
The Royal Australian Mint has minted more than fifteen billion circulating coins since its inception. To mark its 50th Anniversary, this 2015 50c Gold-Plated Uncirculated Coin has been struck to mark this momentous event.
Stuart Devlin’s 50c circulating coin design has been given the golden touch to signify the golden anniversary.
A mintage of 22 265 has been set on this unique coin to reflect the Mint’s official opening date of 22 February 1965.
As the only twelve-sided coin of its size in the southern hemisphere, it has become an iconic symbol and a signature Royal Australian Mint coin.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Limited edition coin to mark the Royal Australian Mint’s 50th Anniversary
• Plated in 22ct gold with an uncirculated finish
• Reverse features Stuart Devlin’s Commonwealth Coat of Arms design
• Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Presented in a limited edition card that commemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Royal Australian Mint
• Australian legal tender
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More