2015 50c Gold- Plated Unc Coin - 50th Anniversary of the Royal Australian Mint - Overprint
As the official souvenir of the Royal Australian Mint’s 50th Anniversary Open Day, this 2015 50c Gold-Plated Uncirculated Coin commemorates fifty proud years of creating Australia’s coinage. This Royal Australian Mint gold-plated coin will be highly-sought after by collectors and general public alike.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
The Royal Australian Mint has minted more than fifteen billion circulating coins since its inception. To mark its 50th Anniversary, an Open Day was held onsite for the general public to see this fascinating journey.
To commemorate a historic milestone for one of Australia’s national attractions, this was a rare opportunity for the general public to explore and experience part of their cultural heritage.
This 2015 50c Gold-Plated Uncirculated Coin was the official souvenir of this momentous event. Stuart Devlin’s 50c Commonwealth Coat of Arms circulating coin design has been given the golden touch to signify the golden anniversary.
As the only twelve-sided coin of its size in the southern hemisphere, it has become an iconic symbol and a signature Royal Australian Mint coin.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Official souvenir of the Royal Australian Mint’s 50th Anniversary Open Day
• Plated in 22ct gold with an uncirculated finish
• Reverse features Stuart Devlin’s Commonwealth Coat of Arms design
• Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Presented in a limited edition card to mark attendance at the 50th Anniversary of the Royal Australian Mint Open Day
• Open Day coins only available on 21 February 2015 at the Royal Australian Mint
• Australian legal tender
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.