2015 $1 NRL Premiership Season 'S' Counterstamp Coin
The 2015 Telstra NRL Premiership Season will be remembered as one of the most exciting in the game’s proud history. It was the moments that matter – the spectacular tries, courageous defence and the brilliant skills. To celebrate the adrenaline-charged season, a special ‘S’ for Sydney counterstamp coin will be produced allowing fans to take home a perfect finals day souvenir!
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
Since its inception in late 1997, the NRL has overseen Australia’s greatest Rugby League talent as teams battle it out for the premiership trophy.
Thoughout the season, fans spend months on the edge of their seats waiting with bated breath for the many moments that matter.
In every game passion runs high, from the kick-off to the chases and tackles, to the open field of possibilities, to moments when we sit eagerly waiting to see if the ball in motion will score a goal or try. The heightened anticipation of a golden point reminds everybody how much heart and soul is poured into the game. The awarding of the minor premiership has supporters reflecting excitedly on the season that has been and looking ahead at the finals action that will soon unfold.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Produced in proud collaboration with the National Rugby League
• ‘S’ for Sydney counterstamp, where the Grand Final takes place
• The Mint will be onsite with the mobile press at NRL Nation fan zone in Darling Harbour from 1-3 October 2015
• Coin’s reverse features an artistic representation of on-field action, showcasing heart-stopping moments that matter
• Coin’s obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
The passing of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act empowered the Government to make laws with respect to currency, coinage and legal tender. The Coinage Act 1909 put in place the first steps for an Australian coinage. Thus began the journey towards a mint owned by the Commonwealth and ind...Find Out More