2016 50c Coloured Uncirculated Coins -50th Anniversary of Play School- Three Coin Set
To celebrate 50 years of Australia’s most iconic children’s television program, the Royal Australian Mint has designed a series of Play School themed coins. Featuring Jemima, Humpty, Big Ted and Little Ted, the now famous Play School toys, these coins will spark happy memories across generations. As a much-loved part of the fabric of Australian culture, the anniversary of this television show is sure to be celebrated by fans young and old.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
First airing in 1966, Play School is the longest running children’s television show in Australia and a favourite amongst many.
Featuring two actors per episode the young audience is engaged in a direct and caring manner. Using well-known toys – Jemima, Humpty, Big Ted and Little Ted – they tell stories, sing songs and perform activities that encourage children to imagine, wonder and learn while having fun.
Being asked to guess which window – the arch, round or square – may strike a chord with more mature fans. This memory being second only to the iconic status of the Play School theme tune that begins ‘There’s a bear in there … and a chair as well.’ Play School has been watched and loved by many generations of Australians, and has woven into childhood memories for years.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Three-coin frosted uncirculated set
• Coins and packaging features well-known toys from Play School including Jemima, Humpty, Big Ted and Little Ted.
• Each coin is housed in a book-like folder with a story about each character.
• Themed casing is provided to store all three together.
• Official Play School product
• Obverse side features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley.
• Australian legal tender
|Packaging||Sleeve and three coin folder|
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.