2015 $1 Fine Silver Proof Coin - Kangaroo at Sunset
This breathtaking design is one of the Royal Australian Mint’s most iconic and sought-after creations. Its annual release generates great interest in the numismatic community, from both Australians and international collectors who celebrate our national icons. With a lone kangaroo crossing the desolate landscape, this celebrated coin is proudly and quintessentially Australian.
History and significance
Since its first annual release in 2010, the silver Kangaroo at Sunset coin has been highly desired by coin collectors in the domestic and international markets. In its fifth year, this exquisite and iconic Australian coin will continue to captivate discerning collectors as a must have edition to their collection.
The coin has become a renowned numismatic piece which truly captures the spirit of Australia. The lone kangaroo crossing Australia’s plains has its shadow cast by the warm and embracing Australian sun. These truly Australian elements unite in an elegant design that epitomises the dream-like qualities of the country’s landscape.
Features and design
• To celebrate its fifth annual release, this iconic Australian coin is reduced to $60 from previous years
• The coin’s reverse features the world-renowned design by the Mint’s celebrated sculptor Wojciech Pietranik
• Limited mintage of 5000
• Struck in 99.9% fine silver
• Finished to the Mint’s high quality proof standard
• Presentation box
• Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
|Packaging||Encapsulated Coin in Case|
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.