2015 $5 Fine Silver Proof Triangular Coin - ANZAC Centenary
Anzac Day 2015 will be an especially poignant event for Australians and New Zealanders, the 100th anniversary of Gallipoli and the Anzac legend. To commemorate the occasion, the Royal Australian Mint released a stunning silver proof triangular coin, which will appeal to coin collectors, military enthusiasts and families of service people.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
At the outbreak of the First World War in 1914, Australia was a young and developing nation. After federating just thirteen years earlier, the country was determined to make its mark on the global stage and contribute to the war effort. Australia joined forces with its close neighbour, New Zealand, to capture the Gallipoli peninsula and ensure the Dardanelles strait was open to the allied navies. The Australian and New Zealand forces landed on Gallipoli on 25 April 1915, experiencing battles which would change both countries forever.
The union between these two countries was born of geographical closeness. The experiences on the battlefields ensured that it continued with the enduring qualities of friendship, shared history and pride in the courage and sacrifices of the original ANZACs. Many made the ultimate sacrifice in the war zones, but left the distinguished legacy of the Anzac legend.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Part of the Royal Australian Mint’s popular, Official Anzac Centenary Program
• Released in the lead-up to Anzac Day 2015, reinforcing the special significance of the Anzac centenary
• Finished to the Royal Australian Mint’s exacting proof standard
• Attractive presentation case with outer box
• Numbered certificate of authenticity
• Coins’ reverse features a tribute to the commitment and comradery of Australia and New Zealand’s servicemen and women
• Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II’s effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
|Packaging||Case and outer box|
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.