2015 $5 Silver Proof Coin - Longest Reigning Commonwealth Monarch
This coin celebrates Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s historic milestone as she becomes the Commonwealth’s longestreigning monarch. As a symbolic tribute to her years of service and the firm bond Australia shares with the United Kingdom, this fine silver piece will be a treasured keepsake for coin collectors, Royal enthusiasts.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
On 2 June 1953, in a ceremony befitting such a significant occasion, nations around the world joined the United Kingdom in celebrating the coronation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Steeped in tradition, the ceremony’s most profound moment occurred when the ancient Coronation Spoon was symbolically used to apply the anointing oil to Princess Elizabeth, transforming her into a Queen.
This oil was an authentic brew, combining some of the most fragrant natural substances; orange, rose, cinnamon, musk and ambergris. It was bottled within an ampulla, a spectacular flask shaped like an eagle and wrought with solid gold.
After 63 years from the sacred ritual being performed, Her Majesty remains a beloved figure. In an ever-changing world, she is the personification of tradition, stability and grace. On 9 September 2015 (BST), Australia will be joining its fellow Commonwealth nations to mark her outstanding achievement of being the longest-reigning monarch in Commonwealth history.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• A celebration of Her Majesty’s milestone as the Commonwealth’s longest-reigning monarch
• One ounce of fine silver struck to the Royal Australian Mint’s high quality proof standard
• Coin’s reverse features Her Majesty’s royal insignia, the Coronation Spoon and an enchanting border consisting of some of the coronation oil’s ingredients alongside Australia’s golden wattle
• A symbolic testimony to the enduring bond between Australia and the United Kingdom
• Strictly limited mintage of 5000
• Packaged in an attractive case
• Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
|Packaging||Encapsulated coin in case|
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.