2015 3-coin Gold Set Longest-Reigning Commonwealth Monarch
These beautiful, precious metal three-coin sets, celebrate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s historic milestone as she becomes the Commonwealth’s longest-reigning monarch. As a symbolic tribute to her years of service and the firm bond Australia shares with the United Kingdom and Canada, these gold proof a three-coin sets will be a treasured keepsake for coin collectors and Royal enthusiasts.
History and significance
On 2 June 1953, in a ceremony befitting such a significant occasion, nations around the world joined the United Kingdom in celebrating the coronation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Steeped in tradition, the ceremony’s most profound moment occurred when the ancient coronation spoon was symbolically used to apply the anointing oil to Princess Elizabeth, transforming her into a Queen.
After 63 years since the sacred ritual was performed, Her Majesty remains a beloved figure. In an ever changing world, she is the personification of tradition, stability and grace. On 9 September 2015, Australia will be joining its fellow Commonwealth nations to mark her outstanding achievement of being the longest-reigning monarch in commonwealth history.
The Royal Australian Mint, the Royal Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint are proud to present these precious metal three-coin sets. Each coin has been designed, crafted and finished to a high-quality, proof standard.
Features and design
• A joint project of the Royal Australian Mint, the Royal Mint UK and the Royal Canadian Mint
• A celebration of Her Majesty’s milestone as the Commonwealth’s longest-reigning monarch
• Presented in a prestigious wooden case
• Accompanied by a booklet and Certificate of Authenticity
• The reverse of the Royal Mint’s gold coins feature the familiar symbol of royalty, the Coronation Crown. The obverse features a commemorative effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• The Royal Canadian Mint’s gold coins celebrate the milestone reached by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her
historical links to her great-great grandmother, Queen Victoria
• The Royal Australian Mint’s gold coins’ reverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s royal insignia and the Coronation Spoon. The enchanting border consists of some of the coronation oil’s ingredients alongside Australia’s golden wattle, a symbolic testimony to the enduring bond between Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada
• The 2015 Fine Silver Three-Coin Set has a strict worldwide mintage of 2015
• The 2015 Gold Proof Three-Coin Set worldwide mintage is set to a limited 100
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.