2015 $1 AFL Premiership Season 'M' Counterstamp Coin
The 2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season was one to remember, capturing the nation’s attention each and every week. This year the AFL community has continued to grow and flourish, highlighting why the fans are the custodians of the game. A special ‘M’ for Melbourne counterstamp coin will be produced allowing fans to take home a special memento of the season.
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
Since 1897, fans of Australian Rules football have filled spectator seats to watch, cheer on and put their greatest hopes into the talent of the Australian Football League.
Starting as the Victorian Football League with eight teams, fans have made the game grow in many ways. In that first year, a finals season was installed to make players battle it out for the premiership. The grand final is still one of the most anticipated annual events on the Australian sporting calendar today.
Throughout the years, the League has increased to 18 teams, including those from other states and become such a national institution that it was renamed the Australian Football League in 1990.
The players are the stars of the game, with the best and fairest being awarded the annual Brownlow Medal, but the supporters are truly its custodians. They follow its heart-stopping action and introduce new generations of fanatics.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Produced in proud collaboration with the Australian Football League
• Uncirculated coin with an ‘M’ counterstamp marked in Melbourne where the grand final takes place
• The Mint will be onsite with the mobile press at Foxtel Footy Festival, Yarra Park in Melbourne
• Coin’s reverse features an artistic representation of a stadium of fans sharing great football action with players
• Coin’s obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.