- Impressive Typeset Collection
- 99.9% Pure Silver
- Exquisite Range of Finishes
- Year of the Mouse Designs
- 'P' Mintmark
- Australian Legal Tender
- Limited Mintage
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Presentation Packaging
99.9% Pure Silver
Each one of the four 2008-dated coins in the Typeset Collection is struck from 1oz of 99.9% pure silver.
Exquisite Range of Finishes
Produced with proof, bullion, gilded and coloured finishes, the coins demonstrate the Mint's exquisite coining skills and its remarkable range of numismatic treatments.
Year of the Mouse Designs
Each coin celebrates the 2008 Year of the Mouse with a reverse design depicting two mice on a bed of straw with pumpkins in the background.
- The delicately frosted design on the proof coin appears on a mirror-like polished table.
- The specimen quality gilded coin highlights the two mice in 24-carat gold.
- The design on the specimen quality coloured coin, which includes a vine, is portrayed in colour.
- The shiny design on the bullion coin appears on a frosted table.
As well as the inscription 'Year of the Mouse' and the Chinese character for 'mouse', The Perth Mint's 'P' mintmark also appears on the reverse of all four coins.
Australian Legal Tender
Issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965, each coin features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on its obverse.
The Perth Mint will release no more that 1,500 of these 2008 Typeset Collections celebrating the Year of the Mouse.
Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
Each Collection is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
Each Typeset Collection is housed in a contemporary red and black display case, which comes in an illustrated coloured shipper depicting two mice.
Great Gift Idea
An extraordinary collectable, this rare release also makes a magnificent gift for people born in any year 'ruled' by the Chinese Lunar mouse including 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996 and 2008.
|Metal||99.9% pure silver|
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Collectables users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.